June Foray (September 18, 1917 - July 26, 2017) was an American voice actress.
In radio, Foray is known for providing voices on shows such as The Buster Brown Program, Smile Time, Lux Radio Theater, The Jimmy Durante Show, Command Performance, CBS Radio Workshop, and The Stan Freberg Show, as well as her own series Lady Make Believe.
As a voice actor, her first known role was Lucifer the cat from Disney's Cinderella. She later became one of the main voice actors for Warner Bros. Cartoons (most notably portraying Granny and Witch Hazel, both originally played by Bea Benaderet) and Jay Ward Productions (voicing Rocky the Flying Squirrel, Natasha Fatale, Ursula, and Nell Fenwick, among others).
Her other notable roles include Cindy Lou Who from How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, Jokey Smurf from The Smurfs, and Magica De Spell from DuckTales. She was also heard in Woody Woodpecker (as Knothead and Splinter), Tom and Jerry (on both the Hanna-Barbera and Chuck Jones theatrical cartoons), Mister Magoo, Rankin-Bass, later Chuck Jones features (such as Horton Hears a Who! and Rikki-Tikki-Tavi), Hanna-Barbera (she was initially considered for the role of Betty Rubble in The Flintstones, which went to Benaderet), The Super 6 (as Bubbles), The Amazing Spider-Man (as Aunt May Parker), and other Disney features, including Peter Pan and Who Framed Roger Rabbit?.
In later years, she has been heard in The Nightmare Before Christmas, All-New Dennis the Menace, Lego Island, Mulan (and its sequel), and The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, as well as reprising roles from Rocky and Bullwinkle, Looney Tunes, and DuckTales.
Foray was also the original voice of the Chatty Cathy toy and one of the pixies from Ajax cleanser commercials. She voiced characters in both volumes of Stan Freberg Presents the United States of America.
Her live action credentials include the film Sabaka and The Johnny Carson Show, as well as episodes of Green Acres and Duck Factory (which starred Don Messick).
- Mona Lisa
- Marion Arbuckle
- Marion Arbuckle Jr. (Wedding Bell Blues)
- Marion's Cousin (Wedding Bell Blues)
- Witch (Flat Tired)
- Aunt Edna (The Thing That Stayed Forever)
- Riff's Ma (A Jarring Experience)
- Madame LaFong
- Mama Manicotti
- Marsha (Rolling Romance)
- Abigail (Rolling Romance)
- Girl (The Automated, Animated Adventure)
- Sylvia Svelte
- Andrew's Mother (Day of Doom)
- Lulubelle (Country Cousin)
- Alice Burnside
- Ethel Feinblatt (Canine Conspiracy)
- Barbra Streisand (Canine Conspiracy)
- Aunt Prunella
- Penelope's Mother (The Third Penelope Episode)
- Mrs. Cauldron
- Mrs. Whipple
- Old Woman (The Big Sneeze)
- Head Witch
- Boy (The Smartest Dog in the World)
- Foray has been alluded to twice in The Garfield Show episode Every Witch Way.
- Foray won an Emmy Award in 2012 for her role as Mrs. Cauldron.