Mister Lip is a song Roy Rooster sings when he promises he'll do a better job at waking the farm in Cock-a-Doodle Dandy. Music and lyrics were provided by Thom Huge and Jon Barnard.
- I didn’t wake ‘em up this morning like I’m supposed to do,
- I got to do my job, or they'll find someone new,
- I used to wake 'em up at dawn’s early light,
- Using bells, and buzzers, even dynamite!
- They said “No! Stop that noise!”,
- Then I found a finer way to wake the boys,
- I’m so cool, I’m so hip,
- Since I got my bugle, call me Mister Lip!
- You want to wake up in the morning, that’s what you say,
- Then wake up to the bugle music that I play,
- I love to get you up with this horn blown blues,
- It’s a whole lot hotter than cock-a-doodle-doos,
- I can blow, I can play,
- I can wake you up swinging every day,
- I play blues, I play swing,
- I love to play my bugle man, that’s my thing!