Mrs. Feeny is a (presumably elderly) woman who lives across the street from Jon Arbuckle and his two pets, Garfield and Odie. She's frequently tormented by Garfield in various ways, and as result, she's regularly calling Jon to inform of what Garfield has done---she's also been known to get revenge on Jon for what Garfield has done, such as beating up Jon badly or giving him a cake that had a land mine inside it. Although she's been mentioned a number of times over the years, she hasn't made any physical appearances in the comic strip.
She has a small dog (mentioned to be a Chihuahua in some strips), also a frequent victim of Garfield's abuse. In a comic strip from the early 2000s, Garfield comes home with a blonde wig, dentures, red high heels and pearls, all which belong to Mrs. Feeny. On March 7th of 2013, it's revealed that Mrs. Feeny also has a pet cat, who she takes on walks and also has a little outfit for it that matches the one she wears. On June 6, 2009 it is revealed that Mrs. Feeny frequently chases Garfield away with her leaf blower.
Her husband has been mentioned a few times, but hasn't made any appearances either.
- She has been mentioned 30 times.
- Liz once tried to talk Garfield into making up with Mr. Feeny and becoming friends but Garfield laughed at the idea.
- She used to have a bird named Mister Sweetywings however Garfield ate him.
List of What Garfield Has Done to her
- Paid a mouse to run up her leg
- Dug a tiger trap in her flower bed
- Paper mâchéd her chihuahua
- Gave her dog bran muffins laced with laxatives
- Had her daisy garden stomped on
- Her car window was soaked with soap into spelling out "Feeny is a Weeny" (Garfield didn't directly do it, but he paid a kid to do so)
- Mailed her a hairball for Christmas
- Her Chihuahua was painted green, shaved bald and music-playing collar stolen
- Destroyed her garden (many times)
- Her Chihuahua was duct-taped to the ceiling (Mrs. Feeny shrieked in horror when Jon told her to look up)
- Her Chihuahua was mailed away by Garfield (similar to how he aims to send Nermal to Abu Dhabi)
- He glued her Weimaraner to a bus.
- Stole her dentures
- Stole her wig, pearls and shoes.
- Sent her bloomers, her dog and her husband to a Wisconsin circus.