Orson Pig is the main protagonist of U.S. Acres. He is considered the "straight man" of the cast, since his personality is more neutral. He communicates with Wade more often than all other characters (in the TV series version), mostly complaining to Wade for having so many fears. Orson has the responsibility of treating Booker and Sheldon like they are his children since he looked after them. (in the comic strip, Booker and Sheldon's mother abandoned her own children to take a vacation and never returned).
Orson is a typical member of the domestic pig species. Despite not considering himself as "fat, he is repeatedly insulted by other characters, due to his body shape. A notable example is shown in the episode, Show Stoppers, where Orson believes that he has the body of a superb athlete. Upon hearing the statement, Roy decides to insult him.
Practical, his work ethic makes him the functional leader, though. His good humor being tested is one of the common gags in the cartoons. He tends to avoid conflicts and often tries to resolve a bad situation rather than add to it. Orson loves books, but due to his overactive imagination, when Orson reads a book, he will begin to see his reality as the world described in the book. Not only that, but he will suck other characters in with him as well, and essentially morph reality itself. He can also be gullible and will usually believe everything he reads.
Orson occasionally dresses in a superhero suit and calls himself "Power Pig," which often causes others to fall down laughing at him. Booker often calls him "Mom" due to Orson being the one that hatched him. A running gag through out the series is Orson's fear of his older brothers.
On the other hand, Orson is an easy target for Roy to pull pranks on.
- All of the U.S Acres segments.
- The Caped Avenger Rides Again! (cameo on a picture)
- In 1986, Orson had long eyelashes (like Nermal) until they disappeared on January 2, 1988. This was possibly because the eyelashes meant he was a infant from the time until then.
- Orson often makes bunny-like ears when scared or happy.
- He is the only character who has a full family. His brothers were seen multiple times in the show and in the first week of the comic. His mother's voice was heard offscreen in an episode, and she appeared the first week of the comic, and his dad only appeared once. Aloysius Pig is his cousin.
- In the Garfield Show episode, The Caped Avenger Strikes Again!, Orson can be seen on one of the comics.