Wade Duck (voiced by Howard Morris) is the "cowardly craven duck" of U.S. Acres. His good nature is sometimes shadowed by his overwhelming hypochondria and pantophobia, which ranges from chocolate doughnuts to finding out that it's Tuesday, and especially includes flying and rain. Wade is so scared of drowning that he constantly wears a kiddie pool inner tube (which, as a recurring joke, has a head like his on the front that always imitates his facial expression and what direction he's looking to match his own). He can be easily driven into an incoherent raving of fear, especially by Roy, who likes to pull pranks on him. However, despite his massive, countless fears, he cares very deeply about his friends, and whenever they would need him, he would muster up the courage to go and save them. Unlike the other characters, Wade's eyebrows float above his head. He also has a tendency of pronouncing silent letters in many words (i.e. 'ansWer', 'LincoLn')
- First appeared: "Wanted Wade". Last appeared: "The Monster Who Couldn´t Scare Anybody".
- In the August 30, 1995 Garfield strip, Jon is seen wearing Wade's inner tube.
- He appears in the game Scary Scavenger Hunt II: Donuts of Doom in the gallery hall giving some details of advice to Garfield.
- Roy scares Wade by pranking him, other times, they argue, other times, they really do act like friends. Therefore, they have a love/hate friendship.
- In the cartoon version, in Once Upon a Time Warp, Wade's been trying to get his five dollars back from Roy for 14 years. It's not clear what relationship they had, before they moved to the farm(friends, frenemies, love/hate friendship, etc), but it seems that Roy and Wade knew each other for 14 years or so. In "Holiday Happening", Roy says he's Wade's uncle, though he may have been just mocking. Wade in "Temp Trouble" called him 'pal'. And in Jack II - The Rest of the Story, he called Roy 'Br'er Rooster' (Brother).
- According to Edward R. Furrow, Wade suffers from 714 separate phobias.
- In the cartoon version, although Wade has numerous fears, he's ironically, usually not afraid to argue with Roy.
- The Son Also Rises
- Wanted Wade
- How Now, Stolen Cow?
- The Thing in the Box
- The Life and Times of the Lasagna Kid (cameo)